Monday, February 27, 2012

Shadows (Lux, 0.5) by Jennifer Armentrout

Shadows (Lux, #0.5)

ebook, 179 pages
Published February 21st 2012 by Entangled Publishing

I can't get enough of this cover!!!

I couldn't get enough of the Double D's!! (Daemon and Dawson) They are like yin and yang. This story was fantastic, but I wouldn't expect anything less. Jennifer Armentrout sure knows how to write a story you want to live vicariously through.

In Shadows, we meet Daemon's brother Dawson. I would say he is the sweeter of the two, but when it comes down to something he feels passionate about (Bethany) he doesn't hold back. It was sweet to see how Dawson and Bethany's relationship unfolded and how deep their love for one another was. The chemistry between them was exciting. I loved Dawson's protective side and he was always a gentleman. Taking her on dates to special places, even meeting her parents. Their excitement towards being with one another was sweet and swoonworthy.

The Lux warned Dawson that their relationship would cause nothing but trouble and he should stay away from Bethany, but Dawson's emotional pull towards her was too strong. He wanted her more than anything. He would protect her and be with her.

Dawson and Dee were also very cute. They have a special bond between them that was playful yet very real and honest. It was nice to see the triplets together and interact. In Obsidian we didn't get to see that side of them.

Against their better judgement, Daemon and Dee stood by Dawson. Their unconditional love for one another was captivating.The ending had my eyes all saucy and my chest was tight. I felt crushed! The scene with Daemon and Dee pushed the sauce in my eyes over the rim. I admit, I was heartbroken.

Shadows sets Onyx up perfectly. There's new twists in the story that are exposed. I can't wait to see what will happen and if the new characters will be implimented in the next installment.

Bravo, J.A., you've done it again!!!

 
Onyx Teaser...
Since so many people have asked, demanded, pleaded, and begged for an Onyx teaser, here you go.
           He looked me straight on. "You are a terrible liar. You do want this. Just as badly as I do."            My mouth opened, but no words came out.             "You want this as badly as you want to go to ALA this winter."            Now my jaw was on the floor. "You don't even know what ALA is!"            "American Library Association midwinter event," he said, grinning proudly. "Saw you obsessing over it on your blog before you got sick. I'm pretty sure you said you'd give up your firstborn child to go."            Yeah, I kind of did say that.            Daemon eyes flashed. "Anyway, back to the whole you wanting me part."            I shook my head, dumbfounded.            "You do want me."            Taking a deep breath, I struggled with my temper… and my amusement. "You are way too confident."            "I'm confident enough to wager a bet."            "You can't be serious."            He grinned. "I bet that by New Year's Day, you will have admitted that you're madly, deeply, and irrevocably—"            "Wow.  Want to throw another adverb out there?" My cheeks were burning.            "How about irresistibly?"            I rolled my eyes and muttered, "I'm surprised you know what an adverb is."            "Stop distracting me, Kitten. Back to my bet—by New Year's Day, you'll have admitted that you're madly, deeply, irrevocably, and irresistibly in love with me."            Stunned, I choked on my laugh.            "And that you dream about me." He released my arm and folded his, cocking an eyebrow. "I bet you'll even admit that. Probably even show me your notebook with my name circled in hearts—"            "Oh, for the love of God…"            Daemon winked. "It's on."

Coming August 14, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    Inube.com
    Website

    ReplyDelete