Sunday, June 17, 2012

Review: WANTED: Dead or Undead by Angela Scott



WANTED: Dead or Undead by Angela Scott
Publisher: Evolved Publishing
Release Date: March 19, 2012
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

Trace Monroe doesn’t believe in luck. He never has. But when a fiery-headed cowgirl saunters through the saloon doors, wielding shotguns and a know-how for killing the living dead, he believes he just may be the luckiest man alive.

Trace wants to join "Red’s" posse, but she prefers to work alone—less messy that way. In order to become her traveling companion, Trace has to agree to her terms: no names, no questions, and if he gets bit, he can’t beg for mercy when she severs his brain stem. He agrees, knowing only that Red is the sharpest shooter he’s ever encountered. The fact she’s stunning hasn’t escaped his attention either.

What he doesn’t know, is that Red has a very good reason to be on top of her game. She not only has the answer for how they can all outlive the plague taking over the wild, wild west, she is the answer.


Can I get a WOOHOO!!!!  This book was one of the funnest reads I have read all year!!! 

Red is not your typical quiet law abiding cowgirl.  She is rough, tough, and what every cowboy wishes they were.  I fell in love with her character from the start when she walked into a tavern and shot the zombie that no one else managed to take down.  I mean come on who wouldn't love her just for that??!!  Not to mention her hilarious honesty about making sure you have something to protect yourself even while taking a tinkle (she uses another word here, but I am trying to keep it clean lol).  Seriously I love her!  Her path crosses with another whom she calls Cowboy and they go on the run together to outrun the plague that has taken over the US.  Along the way they meet a few friends and a few foes and one very, very scary woman.  I not only loved Red, but I loved Cowboy and her their companions as well!  Every character was unique and I am already so invested in every single one of them.  Don't be fooled by my simple summary, the story is full of twists and turns that I can promise you you won't see coming at all.  I was floored more than once and it was amazing!  

I really cannot wait for the sequel!  There are so many loose ends involving everybody that I am seriously on the edge of my seat!!  I will say that westerns typically are not my thing.  I usually pass them on by when I choose a new book to read, but I am so glad that I was handed this one.  I can't say that I will pick up a western outside of this series anytime soon, but this has definitely changed my view point on them.  I loved the setting so much!!  Of course the whole zombie thing was really fun too, gruesome and scary but fun none the less lol.

Angela thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to read your amazing book!!  It was fantastic and you are incredible!

5 Huge Snowflakes!!

Find the author:
Twitter   Blog   Facebook   Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment