Monday, November 19, 2012

An Exclusive Diary Entry from Margaret--Dance of Shadows

We have a very exciting promo post to share with you!  Below we have two diary entries from Margaret's diary.  These entries tie into the amazing Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black and definitely add a whole new level to this mysterious and creeptastic book. 
Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1)

[October 15]

Dear Diary,

If everyone at NYBA didn’t already hate me, they certainly do after yesterday.

“Dance for me, dance for me!” Anna Franko screeched at me during lunch. She and her friends sashayed around the cafeteria with their trays, laughing in my direction and thinking they’re so funny. Which they’re not. They’re not funny at all. They suck. (If you can’t tell, my dear diary, I despise them !!!)

Maddy told me not to pay them any attention, but it’s hard not to when everyone likes them and now everyone thinks I’m Josef’s favorite. Some girl I don’t even know hissed “Teacher’s pet” at me under her breath on my way to English, which shouldn’t have bothered me. But it did.

I don’t need a million best friends, but I don’t want people to hate me. This school is small and people have long memories. I want to be friends with everyone here. But what am I supposed to do—not dance my best because I’m afraid the others will be jealous? That doesn’t seem fair, either.

Josef is the only one who “gets” me. Josef recognizes my talent. Maybe that’s enough?

xoxo, Margaret


[October 15, later]

Diary!

A quick entry to let you know that not everyone at NYBA hates me.

Tonight, before curfew, I was heading up the dorm and Zep got into the elevator with me. We were the only ones there. He turned to me and said, “You’re good, Margaret. Like—really good. Your dancing is special.”

Something shimmered in his eyes when he said that to me. Really—I’m not kidding. And even though Zep isn’t nearly as charismatic as Josef … I believed him. And hearing him compliment made me feel good. It almost made me forget about Anna and Chloe. Almost.

I was about to thank him when the elevator door opened and Zep got off at his floor. “Goodnight, then,” he said to me, before turning away. The door closed before I could get a word out.

No matter. I’ll talk to him tomorrow. The weird thing, though? I’m pretty sure that someone was in the hallway on the boys’ floor, watching me. And I’m pretty sure that someone was Justin.

xoxo, Margaret

To see more diary entries check out these links:

About the book:
Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Release Date: February 12, 2013
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes and Noble
Dancing with someone is an act of trust. Elegant and intimate; you're close enough to kiss, close enough to feel your partner's heartbeat. But for Vanessa, dance is deadly – and she must be very careful who she trusts . . .

Vanessa Adler attends an elite ballet school – the same one her older sister, Margaret, attended before she disappeared. Vanessa feels she can never live up to her sister's shining reputation. But Vanessa, with her glorious red hair and fair skin, has a kind of power when she dances – she loses herself in the music, breathes different air, and the world around her turns to flames . . .

Soon she attracts the attention of three men: gorgeous Zep, mysterious Josh, and the great, enigmatic choreographer Josef Zhalkovsky. When Josef asks Vanessa to dance the lead in the Firebird, she has little idea of the danger that lies ahead – and the burning forces about to be unleashed . . .


1 comment:

  1. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete