Friday, February 8, 2013

Cupid Cloud Hop Sweetheart Review:The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Today I'm excited to host a review for WinterHaven's Cupid Cloud Hop! This week WinterHaven and a great group of Cupid Cloud hop bloggers are posting Sweetheart Reviews.
I chose a YA book that has LOVE in the title.

My Sweetheart Book is, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

My Thoughts:
 I'm not sure if I believe in soul mates or love at first sight. However, I do believe in destiny. Everyone has a path and everything happens for a reason. Noting is merely a coincidence. I also believe in fate. How it can be cruel and unfair but it can also be your kindest friend and ally...
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is about 4 minutes of fates time to make sure Hadley Sullivan misses her flight to her father's wedding in London. A wedding that Hadley wasn't to keen on attending to begin with. While she awaits for another flight out, she meets British-cutey, Oliver who is going back to London for a different affair.
The instant friendship that these characters have is pretty contagious and felt realistic enough for it to be believable. They felt very natural, like two people who've known each other all their lives instead of just a few short hours. The conversations were so endearing (the whole little stowaway was too adorable), pulling off that subtle attraction they didn't even realize they had for one another till the flight was done and they lost each other in the crowd. 
This isn't always easy to pull off in books, but I thought this was perfectly conveyed by Jennifer E. Smith.
To tell you the truth, after reading the blurb I was expecting fluff-n-stuff, but it turned out that this book wasn't meant to be over-the-top romantic, but it was enough to make me feel charmed by these characters, what they had to face and the sweet fairy-tale like connection they shared. 
All in all, I really enjoyed this book. It's witty and warm and it made me smile a goofy grin. 
This was a great stand-alone novel, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more. The ending was a tad lacking and I want to know what happens to Oliver and Hadley next, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a second book.

A feel good read!

                                                                   4 Snowflakes
To see who else is on the tour, you can go to our Cupid Cloud Hop page for a list of participating blogs.


10 comments:

  1. I have this one, but I haven't read it yet. But after reading your review I see I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Tina! I've had this on my list to read and still haven't gotten to it. I need to read it soon. Sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!:) It was a very sweet little read:)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed this one too, Tina. Oliver and Hadley's connection felt like something that could actually happen. Lovely review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel!:) I thought they were just to cute and they felt so real:)

      Delete
  4. I haven't picked up this one yet, but it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy reading when ever you get a chance to pick it up. It's very sweet:)

      Delete
  5. Great review. I also loved this one.

    ReplyDelete