Friday, February 22, 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)
The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
Released-Feb 26th 2013
Publisher-Harlequin Teen 
Pre-Order- Amazon / B & N

Love or life.Henry or their child.The end of her family or the end of the world.Kate must choose.During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.Even if it costs her eternity.
My Thoughts:
After the mean lady cough-Carter-cough gave us that cruel hair-pulling cliffy at the end of Goddess Interrupted, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the last book of this much loved and devoured series!

It's been nine months since Calliope kidnapped Kate and took her to the King of the Titans, Cronus. 
Calliope wants revenge, wants Henry and wants to raise Kate's baby as her own. 
Cronus has taken a special liking to Kate and wants her to rule beside him as he ultimately destroys the world. 
Kate has to make an impossible choice between her love for Henry and their son, between her immortal family or the end of the world. 
With both worlds on the path of war and destruction, Kate must do everything she can to defeat the King of the Titans and protect the people she loves.
No matter what it takes.

Wow! What an ending! 
Since this is the last book in the series, I don't want to say to much plot wise. But I will say that Carter did a fantastic job wrapping this up. I loved the twist and turns and the unpredictability of it all. It's engaging, captivating and nerve wracking as hell. Fans of this series is going to want to hang on ever word.

Carter's writing is as strong and solid as ever, but I think she may have stepped it up a notch. You could feel the excitement and suspense surge in your mind and can feel the desperation and emotions of these characters leap right off the pages. 
I've always had a big thing for twist in mythology and love the idea of these characters being played and handed in a new light. Giving us readers endless new entertainment. My applause! Carter did a terrific job with this world, making it entirely her own.

I've always loved Kate Winters. I loved her strength and tolerance in the first book and her selflessness in the second but I don't think I've ever been more proud of her then in this book. Her self-sacrificing tendencies  are both ridiculously-heroic and frustratingly-noble. What a stubborn, determined and fierce character. As a daughter, a wife and a mother, her unflinching relentlessness to protect the people she cared about most was truly mesmerizing to behold. Such an amazing amazing character.
Henry has always been dark, moody and brooding, but being that he's the God of the underworld, I guess that's a fitting reason. But we finally get to see a more real, vulnerable and passionate side to him that's been long over due. 
Henry and Kate have what I call epic love. It's never been easy, it's never been just handed to them, but it's always been worth the fight. I hung on ever moment between them in this book. Loving the fact that I have no more doubts or questions about how Henry truly feels. I also loved watching them with Milo and being a family. It was warm and moving and wonderful.
At the start of the book I was a bit conflicted when it came to Ava's character. But as the story moved on, with out a doubt, she's been redeemed in my eyes. 
I also loved James, throughout the entire series he's been a constant force in Kate's life and a true friend.

I'm not sure what else I can say without wanting to spoil ya'll, so all I'm gonna say is that I loved every minute of The Goddess Inheritance and I know that fans will love it just as much.
Aimee Carter has created something fun and alive in the land of mythology. I had the best time in this world and with these characters. While I'm sad to see one of my favorite series end, I can let them go with a warm smile and a heavy heart.
Unique. Imaginative. Epic. Loved!
Fun times are still ahead. Look for Aimee Carter next adventure in; Masked! 

Find the Author:

                                                                      5 Snowflakes 

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I totally agree with you. In my opinion, this was the best book in the series! It was a great ending (even if it was a little bittersweet!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley!:) I just adore this series and so sad to see it end, but what an ending;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I can't wait to read this one! I don't want this series to be over but knowing the ending is going to be amazing...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies!:) I loved the way it ended and I hope you do to. These books will be missed:(

      Delete