Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #31


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week... 

Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
Expected Publication: May 7, 2013
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
For Cricket Thompson, a summer like this one will change everything. A summer spent on Nantucket with her best friend, Jules Clayton, and the indomitable Clayton family. A summer when she’ll make the almost unattainable Jay Logan hers. A summer to surpass all dreams.

Some of this turns out to be true. Some of it doesn’t.


When Jules and her family suffer a devastating tragedy that forces the girls apart, Jules becomes a stranger whom Cricket wonders whether she ever really knew. And instead of lying on the beach working on her caramel-colored tan, Cricket is making beds and cleaning bathrooms to support herself in paradise for the summer.

But it’s the things Cricket hadn’t counted on--most of all, falling hard for someone who should be completely off-limits--that turn her dreams into an exhilarating, bittersweet reality.

A beautiful future is within her grasp, and Cricket must find the grace to embrace it. If she does, her life could be the perfect shade of Nantucket blue.

I think it's the cold weather that had me reaching for this beachy type book that promises warm sunshine and lots more. I love stories that challenge the narrator, and I always hope for growth and discovery for them at the end of their journey. This book feels sandy, warm and full of potential. Count me in!

Sooo, what book are you waiting on?

12 comments:

  1. I think I saw this on NG or Edelweiss recently. The cover is nice. I'm starting to enjoy reading the contemporaries. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love the looks of this book! I'm really enjoying contemporary at the moment. :) The cover is also stunning, so lovely. ^.^ Thanks for sharing. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uuuuh, this sounds REALLY good and I love the cover. Thanks so much for sharing :-)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I would kill for a 40 degree day. This cold crap is making me cranky!

    http://theparanormaladdictionbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this. The name Cricket. Nantucket. The cover is brilliant and the premise is awesome.
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an ARC of this that I can't wait to read! I hope we both enjoy it.
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds both happy and sad--hopefully it won't turn into a tear fest!

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe. That's my pick for this week, too! I love the whole rich become middle-class story-line, because of the changes and adjustments the characters and routines they'd usually have go through. And that cover?! BEAUTIFUL <3 Thanks for sharing, great pick!

    ~Check out my WoW?
    - New Follower (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like contemporary and trying to read more of them, but this is just not my type.. Anyway, happy reading! :)

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Top Ten Favorite Romances
    The Boys of Summer Giveaway

    ReplyDelete