Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday ~ Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein


Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday here at

 Winterhaven Books!

This is a feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we share some books we are anxiously awaiting.

This week's pick...





Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein
Expected Publication: April 21st 2015 by Feiwel & Friends


Forget everything you thought you knew about genies! Azra has just turned sixteen, and overnight her body lengthens, her olive skin deepens, and her eyes glisten gold thanks to the brand-new silver bangle that locks around her wrist. As she always knew it would, her Jinn ancestry brings not just magical powers but the reality of a life of servitude, as her wish granting is controlled by a remote ruling class of Jinn known as the Afrit. To the humans she lives among, she’s just the girl working at the snack bar at the beach, navigating the fryer and her first crush. But behind closed doors, she’s learning how to harness her powers and fulfill the obligations of her destiny. Mentored by her mother and her Zar “sisters”, Azra discovers she may not be quite like the rest of her circle of female Jinn . . . and that her powers could endanger them all. As Azra uncovers the darker world of becoming Jinn, she realizes when genies and wishes are involved, there’s always a trick.
This is the year of the Jinn for me!! I am super fascinated by this new mythological creature!! I have read a few books about them and they were DEVOURED so when I saw this it was an immediate need. I was dying to read this and my prayers have been answered thanks to Netgalley & Feiwel & Friends!! Thank you & I still can't wait to read it!!


29 comments:

  1. Great pick, Brittany! This was my WoW pick a few weeks ago. I can't wait to read it as well! :)

    Kyla of Carmel & Kyla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyla!! I think your post actually reminded me that I wanted to use it.

      Delete
  2. A new book and author for me, but this book sounds really interesting.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear it!! i hope you read and enjoy!

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad to hear it!! i hope you read and enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I'd almost read this just to see the gorgeous cover again. It sounds really good. I'll have to check it out.

    Hope you can check out my WoW.

    Cheers,
    Page @ Never Enough Shelf Space

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eee, yes!! So excited for this one! Love Genie stories, so I have high hopes for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting for this since I first saw the cover. Cannot wait. Great pick :)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much & I hope you get to read it very soon!!

      Delete
  6. This book sounds fun! I like Jinn, so I'll have to read it. The cover is beautiful.

    My Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe in all my years of reading I haven't come across them more often. I only know of The Jinni and Golem, Exquisite Captive, & this one. If you can think of anymore let me know please. :-)

      Delete
  7. Loving the list. This author is pretty popular. :D
    I also loved how you put your list this week.

    My waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is definitely a MUST for my ever-growing TBR! Lol. But seriously, I LOVE everything magical, and, of course, genies are included! This story sounds SO FABULOOOUS!! I hadn't heard of this book, so thanks for featuring it!!

    Hope you can come over and visit my WOW @ A Night's Dream of Books! Have a WONDERFUL day!! : )

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/waiting-on-wednesday-125-sea-of-stars.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just keep on growing and growing and growing lol but seriously it is the best problem to have. Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. This is on my list as well -- I can't wait to get into this new mythical creature! Great pick! =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mythical creatures for the win!! I prefer fae but definitely into trying new things. lol

      Delete
  10. I have seen this around a lot! I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW: http://thecouchpotatoesdigest.blogspot.com/2015/01/waiting-on-wednesday-girl-at-midnight.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick is another one of my ones i'm waiting on. The Girl At Midnight look fabulously creepy.

      Delete
  11. I was just about to say, it's on NetGalley! I got an ARC so I would have let you borrow mine anyway, but I'm glad you got it from NetGalley! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week< Britt :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww your so sweet thanks for that! I have been stalking NG for weeks for this one!! I'm so lucky to be part of this amazing Winterhaven crew! Best job I ever had.

      Delete
  12. I just got approved for an ARC on NetGalley as well! Definitely a book I'm super excited to read. Glad to see others who are also excited :)

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete